Metal tanks are typically made of steel or some combination of steel and alloy metals. They are rust-resistant, fire-resistant, UV rays resistant and long lasting even without painting.
- Metal storage tanks may be bolted, welded, or corrugated and may include a liner.
- They may be used for above-ground or below-ground purposes.
- Finishes may include glass fused, epoxy coated, powder coated, and weathered as well as wrappings such as wood, veneer, and bricked.
- Sizes can vary from 1,000 gallons to over a million gallons.
- Uses include rain harvesting, petrochemical, fire prevention, agriculture/irrigation, liquid waste, municipal water storage, and more.
- Shapes may include a conical top or a conical bottom.